Thursday, December 9, 2010

There’s a Lot to be Thankful for in Business This Holiday Season

A lot of North America is going through tough times especially our friends to the south who are still finding their way out of the recession. Just when it was thought that things were turning around it now seems that the recession is still got a hold on the U.S. and well in Canada things are still pretty much the same. We are holding our own and things are starting to look brighter every day.

It does not matter much where you are in the grand scheme of business or what religion you practice or preach, the holiday or the Christmas season is upon us and as a world we still have a lot to be thankful for. The following represents my five top business things to be thankful for this holiday season.

One: I want to say thank you for the internet and all the free services provided by the internet. Everything from sharing pictures and photos with friends, talking on Skype and having access to free email and millions upon millions of bytes of information on Google. This is one business tool we should never stop thanking.

Two: I want to say thank you for my Blackberry mobile phone. The Blackberry in my mind is one of Canada’s greatest inventions. Mind you it’s now taking second place to the Apple IPhone and the I pad but hopefully it won’t be there for long and with the advent of the new tablet in the spring, Blackberry should be back in the game.

Three: I wanted to say thank you to my customers. Customers are my greatest asset. They teach me how to run my business. They demand more from me and push me to be better than I could ever be alone. A wise man once said, if you want to know how to sell your product, just ask your customers. Too often as business people we forget that it’s our customers that are really our business. Without them we would not have a business, so thanks.

Four: I wanted to thank my suppliers. Without them I would also not have a business. They help me to produce the products I need to sell. Without my suppliers I would not have the research and development and the help to develop better products. So to my suppliers, thank you.

Five: I wanted to thank all the folks at the National Networker. It’s a great thing that they do month after month providing information for everyone. They have built an amazing resource and without it I would not have a monthly forum to express an opinion and tell some amazing stories. So to the team at the National Networker, thanks and lets have a great 2011 and to you the reader, thanks.

So we have a lot to be thankful for. I left out the usual stuff, like my family, my health and my banker, however those things get thanked every day.

I also thank the creator for making my life an amazing thing and in Canada (and North America for that matter) we have the opportunity to do anything we want in business.

So if you are business person out there and think and wonder when it’s going to turn around, just remember you are connected and you to have a lot to be thankful for. As we move into a new year, there are a lot of little things to be thankful for. It’s the little things that take care of the big things. So when in doubt say thanks and prosper.

1 comment:

Executive Business Coaching said...

Develop business leadership skills with executive business coaching...